Course Code: A12 –
Foundation training and assessment in operating and maintaining 180˚ Wheeled Excavators (above 5 tonne) safely and productively. No previous formal training is required as you work towards a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card.
- Operate the 180° wheeled excavator
- safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
Before taking the course you must:
- Have passed a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.
- Have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
- CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
After successfully completing the course you may also want to consider:
- CPCS Blue Competent Operator Card
- 360° Excavator
- Excavator Banksman Roles and Responsibilities
- Lifting with Excavators
- Mini Excavator