Course Code: A09B – Download Course Details
This course will train and assess candidates in operating and maintaining Forward-Tipping Dumpers (tracked). Suitable for present and prospective operators who have received no formal instruction, as well as candidates wishing to refresh their skills.
This course will give you foundation training and assessment in operating and maintaining forward tipping dumpers.
It is suitable if you have received no formal instruction.
If you wish to refresh your skills, we offer a short duration course.
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Know which minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures are necessary, and be able to carry them out
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Apply all necessary safety precautions
- Understand how diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate.
You must have passed a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course. You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
- CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
- Further training Level 2 NVQ/SVQ which leads to a Blue Competent Operator Card.