Course Code: A09A – Download Course Details
This course will train and assess candidates in operating and maintaining Forward-Tipping Dumpers (wheeled). Suitable for present and prospective operators who have received no formal instruction, as well as candidates wishing to refresh their skills.
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Know which minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures are necessary, and be able to carry them out
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Apply all necessary safety precautions
- Understand how diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate.
You must have passed a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course. You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practicals. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
- CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
- Further training Level 2 NVQ/SVQ which leads to a Blue Competent Operator Card.