Course Code: A17A – Download Course Details
Training and assessment in safely operating and maintaining Telescopic Handlers (Industrial Telescopic). Suitable for present and prospective operators who have received no formal instruction, as well as candidates wishing to refresh their skills.
- Operate the machine for all normal tasks
- Decide whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carry out routine servicing procedures and maintenance as necessary, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Know how the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- Understand the effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Know how to load, store and transport representative materials
- Understand the basic construction of pallets
You must have passed a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course. You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English.Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and exams:
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests.
- CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (on successful completion of the CPCS Technical Tests).
- CITB National Construction College certificate.